This new, fortnightly drop-in session, is a guided self-healing session led by Sophie Christophy. Deschooling the Body is a sharing of her own deschooling, self-healing practice.
The impact of ‘being schooled’ takes its toll not only on our thoughts and beliefs, but also on our physical, energetic, emotional and spiritual body. In order for our reflex responses and behaviours to become deschooled and more greatly aligned with our core, authentic self, we need not only to change our minds, but work out the limiting blocks in our bodies that the trauma and separation of traditional schooling and growing up in a schooling dominated culture have left.
By doing this, we can better enable our actions and behaviors to reflect our changed minds. As we deschool, and increase our self-trust, self-knowledge self-love, self-connection – and free our bodies accordingly – our integrity and capacity for authentic and consent-based relationships and living also increases.
Structure of the session:
- Arrive and invitation to check-in/introduce yourself in the chat box
- Sophie to share the agreements for the session: Sophie is trusted to lead the session, you can leave the session at any time if you want or need to, you manage your own participation in what ever way feels good to you (so long as it doesn’t disrupt the participation of others), you will keep you mic on mute, and camera on or off based on your preference.
- Sophie to introduce the theme and focus of this week’s session together, drawn from the Cabin’s guiding principles.
- Session begins: Sophie to guide you through a sequence of affirmative statements relating to the theme, intended to support internalisation and integration of deschooled thoughts and beliefs, as well as to flag sensation in your body that indicates a block. If you notice sensation in your body in response to a statement, you are invited to practice self-healing to that place of sensation, via awareness, self-compassion/forgiveness/love, breathing to it, laying on hands, stretching/movement, as feels right to you.
- At the end of the session, the group will be invited to get into a relaxed comfortable posture for a short period of rest and relaxation.
- Invitation to check out in the chat box, session ends.
To be prepared for the session, you might want to have something to hand that is comfortable to sit on in a kneeling or cross-legged posture, and a blanket for comfort, water to drink, and you may wish to be in a quiet and private space. After the session you may find it helpful to practice self-care via journaling, drinking water, connecting with an understanding friend, resting etc.
Who is this session for?
This session is designed for unschooling parents, facilitators and/or leaders in self-directed consent-based education settings, people who want to deschool and become more self-directed and consent-based in their own lives.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR BOOKING:
This session is for guided self-healing practice. In order for the space to work for you, you need to:
- Be willing to surrender to yourself
- Be willing and open to your capacity to be self-healing
- Be open to change and a ‘letting go’ process
These are drop-in sessions taking place from 8-9pm GMT, on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month, starting on Thursday 24th September 2020. The sessions are £15 to attend, please book via Paypal by noon the day before the session, with a note mentioning the date of the session that you are booking on to, in order to receive the Zoom link via email: